- Build 0.4.0_alpha_z5403 available
- Build 0.2.9.2_alpha_z2732 available
- Build 0.2.9.2_alpha_z2731 available
- Build 0.2.8.3.6_beta_z1583 available
- Build 0.2.9.1_beta_z2398 available
- Build 0.2.8.3.6_beta_z1582 available
- Build 0.2.8.3.6_beta_z1581 available
- Build 0.2.9.1_rc_z2391 available
- 0.2.9.1.0 released
- 0.2.8.3.6 released
- 0.2.9.0 released
- Zero Install feeds now served over https
- All news ...
- All releases ...
- All blog entries ...
- All builds (release, beta, alpha...) ...
- All LTS releases ...
Build 0.2.9.1_rc_z2391 available
Nov 2, 2021
Built from release_0.2.9
Game Client Downloads
Linux 64 Bit: ArmagetronAdvanced-0.2.9.1_rc_z2391.AppImage
Linux 32 Bit: ArmagetronAdvanced-32bit-0.2.9.1_rc_z2391.AppImage
Game Server Downloads
Linux 64 Bit: ArmagetronAdvancedDedicated-0.2.9.1_rc_z2391.AppImage
ZIP for Windows Builds: armagetronad-source-0.2.9.1_rc_z2391.zip
This is a Release Candidate for ironing out the last breaking changes before an actual release.
This release welcomes our new ultrawide monitor using overlords!
And, to be frank, also the old, regular widescreen overlords. All this time, the game had been optimized for 4:3 or 5:4 screens, with menu text and HUD elements getting stretched to the side for widescreen users. No more of that! The changes also benefit splitscreen users; for a horizontal split, the HUD will now no longer cover half the (split) screen.
And while we were at fixing fonts, the default console rendering now tries to display the bitmap font precisely as it is designed, pixel by pixel; that should make the console more readable and sharper looking for everyone.
Playing back debug recordings has been made simpler and more robust; the –playback command line switch is no longer required and the network code should no longer give up when the recorded server response does not match what the playback code expects. Especially, this version should have no problems playing back tournament recordings made with version 0.2.8.
What Steam users had for a while is now available for everyone: The onboarding process has been tweaked a little. The intial game is less frustrating, and the tutorial tooltips are spammed less.
Furthermore, compatibility of the generic Linux binaries has been improved, with more systems supported out of the box.
Changes since 0.2.9.1.0:
- Ubuntu versions contain ~ppa1~ppa1 (#70)
- Website update waits for launchpad uploads that do not happen (#71)
- Versioning script incorrectly takes current tag into account (#72)
Christian Mäder, Manuel Moos