- Build 0.2.9.0.1_rc_z2112 available
- Build 0.2.9.1_alpha_z2245 available
- 0.2.9.0.1 released
- Build 0.2.9.0.1_beta_z2112 available
- Build 0.2.9.1_alpha_z2243 available
- Build 0.2.9.1_alpha_z2237 available
- Build 0.2.9.0.1_beta_z2111 available
- Build 0.2.8.3.6_beta_z1527 available
- Build 0.2.9.0.1_rc_z2108 available
- 0.2.9.0 released
- Zero Install feeds now served over https
- 0.2.8.3.5 released
- All news ...
- All releases ...
- All blog entries ...
- All builds (release, beta, alpha...) ...
- All LTS releases ...
Zero Install feeds now served over https
Jul 7, 2020
Adapt your subscriptions!
Previously, our Zero Install feeds have been served unencrypted via http. That was fine and secure enough, since the content itself is already cryptographically signed and secured. However, https is rapidly becoming the norm for everything and potential future browsers may even completely refuse to accept plain http. So we switched.
Unfortunately, the switch is not seamless for you; Zero Install feeds have their canonical URI encoded in the document and the URI you fetch them from must match the canonical URI. It’s either http or https in this case, we can’t (easily) have both. So you will have to adapt the URIs if you are already subscribed.
See the installation instructions for updated URIs. Or just replace http with https, that works, too.
This is also a good time to remind everyone that Zero Install is currently the best way to always play up to date versions of Armagetron Advanced, it works both on Linux and Windows. The launcher is very lightweight and fast, unlike upcoming Steam and even itch.io.